Thursday, June 18, 2009

7

Sarah hung up the phone and lay it down on the table. Travis picked up his home phone and began to dial the number of Blake’s cell. Before he finished, the doorbell rang. Him and Sarah got up and went to answer the door. Travis opened the door and there stood Joel, looking giant as ever, still wearing his football jacket from today.

“Woah...that was fast, are you like my neighbour or something?” Travis asked him. Joel stepped in through the open door. He looked at Sarah and asked,

“What’s wrong, you sounded so urgent on the phone and why the hell are you covered in blood?”

“I’ve found two more, I think. Travis here and his brother.” Sarah answered.

“Can someone PLEASE tell me what’s going on?” Travis interrupted. Sarah and Joel both looked at him.

“Well, I’ve already told you what I can do, and I see that you saw Wes in action. We each have...abilities. I’ve known Wes for a long time and we met Joel a couple of weeks ago. Joel here, is fast. Really fast.” Travis just stared at the two of them in shock.

“Ok, so what does this have to do with me and Blake?” he asked.

“Well, one thing Joel, Wes, and I have in common is that we each have that tiny scar somewhere on our bodies. You saw mine, and Wes has a small one on his palm” Sarah said. Joel removed his jacket and pulled back the sleeves on his t-shirt. He raised his arms and showed Travis the tiny scar just above his elbow. “You have one too, am I right?”

“Yeah, but I can’t do anything special...I’m just a normal kid. Besides, Blake doesn’t even have a scar” Travis frowned.

“I have a theory about your brother that I will test when he arrives here, as for you, I don’t know what your ability is or whether you will have one. All I know is that you bear the same markings as the rest of us, it can’t be a coincidence.” Sarah said.

“Well, my friend Parker has a scar like that too. So does this girl I talked to today. Steph, I think her name was?” Travis remembered.

“What, there are more? Holy shit Sarah how did you not find these people?” Joel said, astonished.

“Joel, it’s not like I go around searching people’s minds to see if they have scars or not. We’ll worry about Steph and Parker later. Right now, I need to talk to Blake.” Travis dialled Blake’s number and Blake came home from his friend’s house down the road.

Blake walked in the house and shut the door behind him. “You better have called me home for a good reason Trav!” he called. He walked into the living room and looked at the people there. Sarah and Joel were sitting on the couch and Travis was pacing back and forth in front of the fireplace.

“Now what, he’s here isn’t he?” Travis asked Sarah.

“Wow, I was right. When Blake is close by me, I can’t hear any of your thoughts. This has never happened to me before, that’s why I fainted, it's going to take some getting used to.” Sarah remarked

“Let’s test him out” Joel said as he rose from the couch. As soon as he rose he wobbled over and stumbled over his own feet. “Wow, this kid is like the anti-ability” Joel said disappointed. Blake had a puzzled look on his face.

“So you’re telling me, that you two have abilities when I’m not around?” he said in disbelief.

“Well, it’s not like we can prove it to you is it?” Joel replied.

“She can do it Blake, she can actually read my mind when you aren’t here. I didn’t believe them either but she showed me. Joel showed up here literally five seconds after she called him, no normal person can do that” Travis reassured his brother.

“Ok, say I believe you freaks. Now what? We start a ‘superpower’ club?” Blake asked sarcastically.

“Well, if someone were to find out about us we’d be put in some insane asylum” Sarah responded. “I want to find all the kids with powers like us and just you know, protect ourselves. I’ve already had a few close encounters. There are people out there who refuse to accept people like us, Blake. The more of us we round up, the better a chance we have at survival.”

“You only have three people, that’s not really what I’d call an ‘army’” Blake snorted.

“We’ve only just begun Blake, and it’s a good thing you don’t go to our school because I have a feeling Parker and Steph won’t take this too lightly without being shown.”

1 comment:

  1. superpower COCKBLOCK gooooooooo
    [keep going this is awesome]

    ReplyDelete