Tuesday, June 16, 2009

6

Travis snapped out of his stupor at seeing this random girl collapse right in front of him. He looked at Blake and the two of them picked her up and carried her into their living room where they lay her on the sofa. Blake went to get tissues and a glass of water and when he returned, Sarah was just waking up.
‘Wh-What? Where am I?” she panicked.

“Don’t worry, you just passed out. I think you’re going to be okay” Travis reassured her.

“No, no! Something is wrong. What is happening?” she started to raise her voice.

“Okay okay, calm down. Can you please explain to me what’s going on?” Travis asked.

“Think of a number, any number. Hurry up!” Sarah yelled at him.

“What? Uhhh ok. Now what?” Travis said, confused.

“I don’t know it! Why don’t I know it?” Sarah yelled in frustration. Blake and Travis exchanged anxious looks and Blake shrugged.

“I’m going to Mike’s house, she better clean up before mom gets home.” Blake left the house and Travis and Sarah sat together in silence. There were tears pouring down Sarah’s face and she was holding her head down. All of a sudden, she looked up into Travis’ eyes,

‘529’ she said. Travis’ eyes narrowed as she guessed the correct answer.

“That’s right, how did you do that?” Travis said, astonished.

“I guess I have no choice but to tell you. But let me ask you something first. Does your brother have a scar like the one we both have?” she questioned him.

“Not that I know of, but how did you know about my scar?” Travis asked confusedly.

“Hmm. This is going to sound crazy. But I can hear your thoughts.” She said slowly. Travis chuckled and said,

“My thoughts? Like in the movies? I don’t believe you” Sarah sighed and said in one long breath,

“Your name is Travis Vance, you were born on May 29, 1991. You have one brother, Blake Vance who is-“ she stopped. “Him” she whispered.

“That’s nothing, you could have found all that stuff on my Facebook profile” Travis shrugged.

“Your brother, he’s 16 right?” Sarah asked.

“Yeah...he is, why?” Travis responded.

“Call him back here, now.” She said as she picked up her cell phone and dialled a number. She held the phone to her ear and after a few seconds she said “Joel, I need you here now. 632 Wilkins Place. Run.”

No comments:

Post a Comment