Wednesday, July 15, 2009

9

Wes was sitting on top of the heater in the boy’s washroom on the second floor of the school, soaking wet and wrapped in Joel’s football jacket. He was shivering violently as he thawed his entire body. The others stood around him, including Lindsay who still seemed a bit nervous. They had all decided to skip their first period class and meet in the bathroom to talk some more.

“I have to admit, that was pretty cool” Travis chuckled.

“Yeah? Why don’t you have her freeze your ass then?” Wes snapped back.

“I told you to give her back her wallet Wes, it’s your fault you didn’t listen” Sarah pointed out. She turned to Lindsay, “How long have you been able to do this? Can you do it all the time?”

Lindsay looked around with a disgusted look on her face and said “Well, both me and my sister have been able to do it since about a year ago. She’s...a little different than I am though. She should be here soon though, I texted her five minutes ago”

Sure enough, the door to the bathroom swung open to reveal a girl identical in every way physically to Lindsay. If they had been wearing the same clothes, nobody but those closest to them would be able to tell them apart.

“I got your text Linds, what’s up?” Stephanie’s voice was slightly higher than Lindsay’s, which gave it a gentler quality, and gave everyone a warmer feeling about her.

“Well, these people have discovered my little secret.” Lindsay mumbled.

“What?! How? You guys can’t tell anyone!” Stephanie said shocked.

“Well, that’s not all Stephanie.” Sarah started, “we have our own little secrets too. Hmm..Wes, show her.”

“Are you stupid? I’m freezing here, I can’t do shit!” Wes barked at her.

“Fine, how about you Joel? How about a coke?” She said as she flipped him a loonie. Before anyone could blink, a forceful wind had appeared out of nowhere, and Joel disappeared only to return a quarter of a second later, with a bottle of coke in his hand, grinning widely. Stephanie stared at him with a confused look on her face,

“What about you three, what can you do?” Stephanie raised one eyebrow as she addressed the other three.

“I can read minds, and Wes can control electricity.” Sarah said. “Travis...he hasn’t yet discovered his ability, but he does have the same scar that the rest of us have, just like you and Lindsay have on your hands." Both twins stared down at their hands as if to make sure their scars were still there. "Now, what about you, what can you do?”

“You didn’t tell them yet?” Stephanie looked at her sister.

“No, I’ve barely told them anything. That one forced me to freeze him, he stole my wallet.” Lindsay defended herself. Then she grinned at her sister and said “Why don’t you help him dry off?” Sarah raised her eyebrows and chuckled as Stephanie moved towards Wes, still perched on the heater.

“Wait, wait! I don’t need another bitch attacking me, leave me alone” he jumped up and dropped the jacket off of him.

“Bitch? Watch your mouth, asshole.” Stephanie said as she pointed her fingers towards Wes. She narrowed her eyes and whispered

“Bang.”

Bright orange flames shot out of the end of her pointed finger to engulf Wes. He screamed but a second later the flames disappeared, leaving Wes with his pants burnt up to his knees. He looked from one grinning sister to the other,

“Why are there TWO of you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment